Friday 1 February 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Since purchasing our river property 3 years ago, we've probably driven our friends and family crazy with our constant updates about the 'cottage'.  I've finally realized that I can put it all down in writing and everyone can choose to read it or not!

I will be blogging about flowers, fauna and food and family, not necessarily in that order.  

For those that don't know the details, we have about 1000 sq.ft. cottage/cabin on 22 acres on the Saugeen River.  We chose this property because we are all avid fishermen (persons?), kayakers and canoeists.  There are many lovely trails throughout the property as well as a big, big front lawn for summer games of bocce and croquet.


We have entertained lots of friends and family there and even hosted a fairly large family reunion.  We thought our favourite time of the year would be the summertime but we were happy to discover that each season has its wonders! 



So thanks for checking out 'Our River Place' - I'll bring you up to date next time....

1 comment:

  1. HI THIS THE3RD TIME, THERE LOOKS TO BE A LOT OF DAMAGE AROUND THE GROUNDS IT IS LUCKY THAT YOU DID NOT GET ANY APPARENT DAMAGE TO THE DECK OR COTTAGE OR HAVE WATER GET INSIDE. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO MUCH UNTIL SPRING I GUESS BUT I WILL HELP AS MUCH AS I CAN WHEN THE TIME COMES. DAD

    ReplyDelete